Time Is A Gift





Time is a Gift

There should be something on this paper
Like the lipstick on your neck when I bite you
After the corn pellets have dropped into my breasts
I remember I have to write before the brain cells wane
The white cranberry and raspberry crunch greased my tongue
Time is a gift to the traveller
The fields white then gold
It is fun jumping into something
Or diving into water
“Stuff you cannot do, just do it!”
Like when I’m mad, there should be no shame
While everything comes in place
Like a gift from Rumi or Neruda
The sweetest times were running on the stairs
You - chasing me
Things  we can’t do when we age
But now, only walking to be fit and warm
Heartaches are gone
Wires replaced the cracked furniture
 Only you, my zooming firecraker –
Only you, shifting the stars
Your pleading hands that light
Grow spring
They liberate
Come let us adore God!


/RoseVoc2. january 11, 2019
Photography. Ledio Melanez, RCJ


Comments