In September. Our Lady of Sorrows, Pray for Us!

 

September 16, 2023

 

Dear Lady of Sorrows

 

I remember you never left me in my sorrows

I remember you were always there with ones I loved

You, beside me, yesterday, today and tomorrow.                        

 

Those times we were always together in the furrow

In the light of God, the Father, with thee I stood

I remember you never left me in my sorrows.

 

No soul, but empty roads long and narrow

Sometimes, too much pain is none at all, but dark

You, beside me, yesterday, today and tomorrow.

 

When reasons were far and facts lay in the burrow

And could not tell what to choose on the way

I remember you never left me in my sorrows.

 

Tears flowing with the rain, torn, our brilliant marrows

When some said hope is broken and Jesus lay dead

I remember you never left us in our sorrows.

 

I have forgotten to ask you, those times thorough

When life and love wane some minutes, hours or days

I remember you never left me in my sorrows

You, beside me yesterday, today and tomorrow.

 

/rosevoc. A villanelle

09162023.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments