How Great Men and Women Worked


December 1 2013
How Great Men and Women Worked

People look up to successful people as their patterns for success. Hence, books offer self-help guidelines, teaching methods, and techniques of various disciplines that were proven by research. How can one fulfill his goals in life? Many are curious about power.
The good and ill thoughts of leaders and powerful men and women who conquered nations and history are written. Heroes, presidents, taipan, and professionals in every field uncover secrets how they lived their moments.
Read these excerpts about success:
1. Og Mandino
“I am nature’s greatest miracle.
I will live this day as if it is my last.
Today I will be master of my emotions.
I will laugh at the world.
Today I will multiply my value a hundredfold.
I will act now. I will pray for guidance.”
2. Tom Hopkins
“I emphasize the positive in everything I do. I look at the good that can come out of every situation; I talk about the best qualities of every person I meet; I concentrate on the good aspect of every place and thing.”
3. Desiderata
” Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Be careful. Strive to be happy.”
4. Benjamin Franklin
“The man who does things makes many mistakes, but he never makes the biggest mistake of all – doing nothing.”
5. Henry David Thoreau
“If the day and night are such that you greet them with joy, and life emits a fragrance like flowers and sweet scented herbs, is more elastic, more starry, more immortal – that is your success.”
6. Romans 8:31
If God be for us, who can be against us?
Indeed, deep thoughts from all parts of the universe from all ages help generation from generation grow and work together that each one and everyone may benefit success.
The Celestine Prophecy, What I’ve Learned from Kindergarten, Norman Vincent Peale’s Treasury of Courage and Confidence, Martin Luther King’s Letter from Birmingham Jail, The Proverbs, and many other texts render us support to become wise men of the present.
There are books of insights to mold better people, and there are still many texts out there. If we are able to grab at least one good idea, these inspiring thoughts, can help us build realistic and attainable goals. Success is a matter of one’s penchant and happiness. Greediness is out of the line. A person who is greedy can never be happy. This person may crave for more and more and more. Their fruit would not yield golden blooms, but rotten that would extinct human race. The overall pictures of success are contented beings that drive other people become success-oriented people, too.
 /rosalinda flores martinez

Comments