SEVEN DAYS OF FORKING PATHS



Seven Days of Forking Paths


Day 1

Let there be light!
“He called the light day time and the darkness night time.  Together they formed the first day.”

I pass along halls and tolls of books.  Faces recognize me, yet some say nay 
Through dark spaces of paths and words, I found my way, my own time’s sword.
Nights unaccompanied, passing shits and ghosts, leads me to home, silver foams
 Finding my way home, I swallow books and words of zeal, about love undefeated.

I found my way home.
You waited for me.



Day 2

“Let the vapors separate to form the sky above and the ocean below.”
 The sky on the second day!

 We drive along blocks, down roads we never know
And like a carnival the Star Trek comes to the cinema
As dangerous, but beautiful  as Upside-Down
 It might have been that we entered dungeons and restos and cafes
 We go in an island that floated only in our dreams.  I love your eyes that only look into mine, when
 In flames on the highway we bike, rush our love affairs that make me want you even more. 
“Doumo.” I adore you.




Day 3

“Let the earth burst forth with every sort of grass and seed bearing-plant, and fruit trees with seeds inside the fruit.”  This occurred on the third day.

An Ode:  To Your Teeth At First Bite

Nights wait for call, the moon wanes, fall
Down on my knees to mountains, tall

A silent smile like cool smoke, pink
Your arms are vests, on walls my ink

Oh dear, bold knight, my heart delights
Sanity tells me you are real -

Could touch your arms, your thighs, your face,
 Your mouth, your breath, in me you lace

Your teeth’ first bite on tongue, so true
 And vows we chant, say “I love you.”

All brushed and clean, they speak of truth
A tongue of fire, your teeth, at first bite.


Day 4

“Let there be bright lights in the sky; they shall bring about the seasons of the earth.” 
Two huge lights the sun and moon, God made, and stars, too, on the fourth day.

You ask for my narratives and relics of our time, but the only thing I have now is the Psalms.  You come into what you hoped to be:  free and chosen.  Me, your bloody hero of words, night and day a target of
muses.  I have never dreamt of being the relics of the past or an ancient box like coffins;  yet you offer me  your bones, your limbs, the hearts  of time the present can never reject, flesh at work but sifting
through, walking on air and water.  We are now the judges of the moon. Here is the twilight of the gods! Leafed through time and trails of today, talking in metaphors, here, on your desk, I am.
We are the prophets of the new millennium, a world speaking of ancestor’s dreams.   Our humble past set on pavements today, like clothes we dry or petals placed in books.   We have different stories to
speak about because we are earth’s soil sustaining each other, now.  We need to build not only bricked territories or get shoals for food; they too, will fade and be buried with the past, when God swallows.  
Healing hands, bright minds and pure hearts, one kingdom of God on earth, will make us see beauty,  grow joy today.  
Tomorrow will come.  As we breath-in air and God’s Holy Spirit, we must always begin our tasks.



Day 5

Then God said  “Let the waters teem with fish and life, and let the skies be filled with birds of every kind.  Fill the earth!  And God blessed them all. ” 
God’s one true love, a kingdom of heaven on earth is abundant and free for the naked man, of dust and His breath.

THE HOLY BIBLE:  ON LOVE 

1Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is very patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud, never haughty or selfish or rude. 
Love does not demand in its own way. 
It is not irritable or touchy. 
It does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when others do it wrong.
It is never glad about injustice, but rejoices whenever truth wins out. 
If your love someone you will be loyal to him no matter what the cost.  You will always believe in him, and always stand your ground in defending him.
All the special gifts and powers from God will someday come to an end, but love goes on forever. 




Day 6

Then God said – “Let us make a man.” 
And God blessed them and told them, “Multiply and fill the earth and subdue it.  You are masters of fish and birds and all the animals.”  It was excellent in everyway.  This ended the sixth day.

You have waited, when I told you, “Stay with me in February!”
Since my return after long nights and days of separation, I weave our stories.
I will be missing you everyday, yet at some points, we have to go a next path in Heaven’s ways.
Thank you for saying the masses, dearest Pope (Pope Benedict XVI). 
Thank you for the everyday zeal;  for showing your face on You Tube when I needed such holiness.   Your words are my delight! 
Our secret times together, the Angelus and Holy Hours, are strong temples of Jesus’ Sacred Heart! 
Blessed be GOD, blessed be His Holy Name!

Saint John Mary Vianney, pray for us.
Blessed John Paul, pray for us.
Send, O Lord, holy workers into Your church.
Holy Angels and Saints, pray for us.







Day 7

On the seventh day of creation:  God blessed the seventh day and declared it holy.

Such labyrinth of time!

Labyrinth of velvet soft chants, stay
Dwell in my heart like a baby
Carnival of childhood, teacher
Of truth beyond Cities, hold me

When I have missed Big Dipper and
Roller coaster fun, my wail reached
Your deepening rites, and I
Remembered I’m but dust and too

Fragile like the leaves falling on
Your hands. There you were on clouds
In caves, rocks, chipped snows, and rain
Showering fountains over me

My stories are my flesh, an
Incense that would lift you - fly, run
You. Be drumbeats of Kilimanjaro
Let you, climb the Horse of Troy

Around and around let go, let my
Tongue moan the maze in your heart
Trace vein, muscles of mountains
Where you kneel and etch those lips

Engraved on chest of blest nations
I do cherish who you could be
Longed your breath in wind of grace
Every time I glide a kite or

Fire a gun, or kneel beside the dead
All of me is Yours -
Red, ripe, grapes and mist of
Dawn, cup of eternal blood

Flex a simulacrum of walls
Between labyrinths crumble
Crumble before time, you lay
Bring me where Saints weave ripples of

Amaranth and gold. Shimmers
black butterfly wags you bold in
Stance, ready to plough pollens
Rich milk and honey, honey burst


From sun and stars. Let you bow,
Bow a thousand times and kneel
Plant, play bones and meteors, conquer
Free with your arms and hands
The promises of Moses

Traces of my breath speak of you
My nothingness dwells believing
Flames from heaven will burn and scythe
Scars shaking boundaries of men

Don’t you leave me now, but hold me -
Tight. Grip me - tight, rest me - tight
Kiss me that blood,  I spilled, bled in your
mouth –
On you  - forever.

Hunt me!  The maze of art and skills, pens and digital
Brush in my mouth a seventh wave of seas
A sea of sorrows appalls me, the fierce raze of wars
That grief forever unknown – that makes me love.

My mind rethinks, of yesterday, today, and tomorrow
 Those words I’d write – deep enough, for you to remember
I love you, in the long trails of silence, in an empty park,
Beside graves, in empty corridors, in all the empty spaces

I love you where there is no light, but the moon –
Where there is no one to hold, but the ground
When there is no one to listen, but the sky
When nothing stays, but a cross, to me come nigh.

I love you in every word of kindness, in contrition, in awe
In all those words you can’t utter, but carve in your heart
Your pleas come to me, in my empty heart, in two moons,
In your deep longing of God, I love you.

I wait in the long silence of the horizon,
In every chant of air and ripple
In Saint Hannibal’s “Rogate,” I wait.
Seven days of forking paths, our hearts kiss.

My love will never end, as in the day of creation,
I was. An immortality of covenants to a Sacred Heart  
I am called to be yours .

/arrowtarget @ hunprayerpoems.wordpress.com 

on write me @ blogspot



Copyright February 21, 2013.rosevoc2. rosalinda flores martinez


Comments