Emery Bag


EMERY BAG



Pins on me, like nails hammered un-sketched on farm

beds. A while, you stay here.  At times rusty and bended,


sharp points prick like biting teeth. Sand in me clean you

up, sharp and gleaming.  And, then you go – as soon as


time will mend again.  I wait for your return in a box with

threads that sew clothes, skin, and limbs.  I lay steadfast



and waiting, under tables – everywhere you would desire.

How long would I wait?   If the cloth that holds me tears


out; my own would be ripped.  Nerve sensors dead, and

until the pins prick, vein and blood breathe.  From the


Pacific and Atlantic; of the whole earth spewing rubies,

return me to the seas where I rest.  Bathe me again, clean


in God’s rain, like a full red heart beating aglow.  Then

keep me again for a the next blade, spear or cut on my ass.


/ rosevoc2.9292012
on writeme

Comments