Saint Pancratius and Saint Tarcisius

Saint  Pancratius  and Saint Tarcisius


Kids and some teenagers love to read comics and texts with pictures.   See what they can benefit.

Let’s go back to the past.

When my mother bought various reading materials including texts on spirituality and prayers, two stories I couldn’t forget was about St. Pancratius and St Tarcisius.

The small books illustrated big pictures and texts that children of my age could understand.  I read it over and over again, and until today, those pictures come vivid to me.  I felt so much pity for the young boys, but happy because they risked their lives for Jesus Christ.  I read the stories in time I was a growing teenager like the saint’s in the stories. 

As a teenager, St. Pancratius was raised during the time of great Christian persecution.  Pancras showed great strength and devotion to God.  He died in the service of God.

His feast day is May 12.

The picture of a running St. Tarcisius holding in his bosom to carry the Eucharist for those Christians condemned to die had been etched in my mind.  Time I was reading it I sobbed because the young boy was mobbed by bad guys.

Tarcisius was a 12-year-old boy.  During the 3rd century, there was a secret meeting place in the catacombs where Christians gathers for a mass.  A deacon would be sent to the prisoners to carry the Eucharist to those Christians condemned to die.  One time there was no deacon to send, so St. Tarcisius (an acolyte) was sent instead to carry the “Holy Mysteries” for those in  prison.  He was mobbed by a gang of boys suspecting he was hiding something.  St Tarcisius didn’t give them what was in his hands but clasped it tightly until his death.


Prayer to St. Pancratius  (Patron Saint for Children)

I believe heavenly Father
All that faith teaches
And in the faith I wish to live and die

Through the intercession
Of St. Pancratius
Grant us good health
To fulfill our duties

(1 Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be)


Prayer to St. Tarcisius




Rose Flores Martinez
Ishallwrite
Writeme

Comments