In October. Unafraid (in the Couch)

 UNAFRAID

 


We sat in the couch seeing

through the glass windows,


through the fire in the garden

ablaze in orange color


It asked me questions about promises

where you raised your right hand


and vouched in words,

“Yes, I do.”

“No, I don’t.”


The incongruence of our oaths

was a kerfuffle


in the middle of the night

I recalled to wrestle.


The couch was stern;

but touched gently as your voice -


kind in the anguish of ruins.

I thought about you,


me and my tremors

mending a gap.


I thought about how

the night would end


how dawn would come -

my declaration


The blurred clouds shifted

Reflections faded in the dark.


I dropped in the couch with questions

my rebirth, one with your bones


Your magnificence kept my sanity


No one, but you.

I felt us there

unafraid.


/rosevoc. 100122

for vocations.

 


/rosevoc. 100122

for vocations

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments