Christian Prayers


Some Prayers and Psalms

The Sign of the Cross

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

By the sign of the cross deliver us from our enemies, you who are our God.  In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

The Lord’s Prayer

Our Father in heaven, holy be your Name, you kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.  Give us today our daily bread.  Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us.  Do not bring us to the test but deliver us from evil.  Amen.
The Hail Mary

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.  Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.  Amen.

The Glory Be

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.  As it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever.  Amen.

The Morning Offering

O Jesus, through the immaculate heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of this day, for all the intentions of Your Sacred Heart in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, in reparation for my sins, for the intentions of all my relatives and friends, and in particular for the intentions of the Holy Father. Amen.

To the Guardian Angel

Angel of God, my guardian dear,
To whom his love commits me here;
Ever this day be at my side,
To light and guard,
To rule and guide.
Amen.

Visit to the Blessed Sacrament

Recite  three sets of :

Our Father
Hail Mary
Glory Be

Then say the spiritual communion:

The Spiritual Communion

I wish, Lord, to receive you with the purity, humility and devotion with which your most holy mother received you, with the spirit and fervor of the Saints.

Blessings Before Meals

Bless us, O Lord, and these your gifts, which we are about to receive, from your bounty, through Christ our Lord, Amen.

Grace After Meals

We give you thanks, almighty God, for all the benefits;
Who lives and reigns forever, amen.

To St. Michael

St. Michael the archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.  May God, rebuke him, we humbly pray.  And do you, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits, who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

To the Holy Spirit

Come of the Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and enkindle in them the fires of your love.  Send forth your Spirit, and they shall be created.  And You shall renew the face of the earth!

Let us pray:

O God, who has taught the hearts of the faithful by the light of the Holy Spirit, grant that by the light of the same Spirit we may be always truly wise and ever rejoice in his consolation, this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Personal Meditation:

Before Meditation

My Lord and my God, I firmly believe that you are here, that you see me, that you hear me.  I adore You with profound reverence.  I beg Your pardon for my sins. Give me the grace to spend this time of prayer faithfully.  Immaculate Mother, St. Joseph, my Father and Lord, dear guardian angel, intercede for me.

After Meditation

I thank you, my God, for the good resolution, affection and inspiration that you have communicated to me in this meditation.  I beg Your help in performing them.  Immaculate Mother, St. Joseph, my Father and Lord, dear guardian angels, be with me; be with us forever. Amen.

The Apostles Creed

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, Our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried.  He descended into hell; the third day he arose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting.  Amen.


Thank you for sharing:

From Christian Prayer Books
From Catholic Prayer Books
From Sinag-Tala Publishers, Inc.
From the Holy Bible
From Rogate Center
From St.Paul's Publication et.al
From Sons of Mary Prayer Books


September 5, 2011
Philippines 9:30 AM

Posted by:
RoseVoc2
rosalinda flores martinez, 2011

Comments