Prayer - Understanding The Different Kinds of Prayer


Prayers could abound in the world if all hearts would be like the sky sheltering the earth and like the land in which people dwell. We could understand the different kinds of prayers if we have abounding love in our hearts.

I belong to the common people, and here's how I understand prayers.

There are memorized prayers. There are special prayers like a novena, prayer for harvest, prayer for water, prayer for the dead, prayer for the sick, and thanksgiving prayers, among others.

There are impromptu prayers when suddenly you ask God for help, or pray for the person next to you, or someone you remember in that moment of grace.

There are special prayers. There are rituals. And there are a lot more, as many heads and more than what God had created.

The Holy Spirit will guide each one to understand the different prayers. The religious, like the pastors, the priests, nuns, teachers and holy workers, you can guide one another how to do a prayer. Praying with each other is how to understand a prayer. Prayers are not analyzed, but felt. They can be both technical and abstract.

How would you pray then, and understand every utterance or chant?

I think you don't have to deconstruct it so hard because its meaning will come like the mighty power of a wind from Heaven.

When you pray, you put yourself face to face with God and lock the door. The offering of yourself and your service is a prayer, too.

It also says in the Holy Bible that whenever two or three are gathered together in prayer, and the name of God, the Heavenly Father is in the midst of those who pray.

"Ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened."

Moreover it says in the Holy Bible, that if your earthly father can give you some fish, what more of the Heavenly Father, who created us all/ everyone? You are special! God has counted every bird that falls, so why can't you be counted? In the Bible are different prayers and praises, even God's promises.

Here's the "Anima Christi"

Soul of Christ, sanctify me. Body of Christ save me.
Blood of Christ inebriate me. Water from the side of Christ wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me. O good Jesus, hear me.
Within your wounds hide me. Never permit me to be separated from you.
From the malignant enemy, defend me. At the hour of death call me.
And bid me to come to you, that with your Saints, I may praise you forever. Amen.

This prayer is an offering of the self to God. If the self is humble and the heart is full of love and pardon, the heart is at peace, though the earthly difficulties. A heart that is full of love prays face to face with God, and God in his grace and mercy embraces you tight, and all those in your heart.

We would always pray together. Count on me.

Rose Flores Martinez
IShallWrite
WriteMe

Comments