September 21, 2010


Novena of Confidence to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

1. O Lord Jesus Christ, to your most Sacred Heart, I confide this intention (mention request). Only look upon me, then do what your Sacred Heart inspires. Let your Sacred Heart decide. I count on it. I trust in it. I throw myself on your mercy, Lord Jesus! You will not fail me.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust in you.
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I believe in your love for me.

Sacred Heart of Jesus , your kingdom come.

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I have asked you for may favors, but I earnestly implore this one. Take it, place it in your open, broken Heart; and when the Eternal Father looks upon it, covered with your Precious blood, he will not refuse it. It will be no longer my prayer, but yours, O Jesus. O sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you. Let me no be disappointed. Amen.

2. Our Lady of Lourdes (Feast, February 11)

O ever immaculate virgin, Mother of mercy, health of the sick, refuge of sinners, comforter of the afflicted, you know my wants, my troubles, my sufferings; deign to cast upon me a look of Mercy. By appearing in the grotto of Lourdes you were pleased to make it privileged sanctuary from where you dispense you favors, and where many sufferers have obtained the cure of their infirmities, both spiritual and corporal. I come, therefore with unbounded confidence to implore you motherly intercession. Obtain, O loving Mother my requests. I will endeavor to imitate your virtues, that I may one day share your glory and bless you in eternity. Amen.

3. St. Benedict (Feast, July 11)

O glorious St. Benedict, sublime model of all virtues, pure vessel of God’s grace, behold me humbly kneeling at your feet. I implore your loving heart to pray for me before the throne of God; to you I have recourse in all the dangers which daily surround me. Shield me against my enemies; inspire me to imitate you in all things. May your blessings be with me always, so that I may shun whatever God forbids and avoid the occasions of sin.

Graciously obtain for me from God those favors and graces of which I stand so much in need in the trials, miseries and afflictions of life. Your heart was always so full of love, compassion, and mercy towards those who were afflicted or troubled in any way. You never dismissed without consolation and assistance anyone who had recourse to you.

I therefore invoke your powerful intercession, in confident hope that you will hear my prayers and obtain for me the special grace and favor I so earnestly implore ( mention it), if it be for the greater glory of God and the welfare of my soul.

Help me, O great St. Benedict, to live and die as a fateful child of God, to be ever submissive to his holy will, and so obtain the eternal happiness of heaven. Amen.

4. 3 o’clock Prayer

“You died, Jesus, but the sources of life flowed out for souls and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fountain of Life, immeasurable Divine Mercy, cover the whole world and empty yourself out upon us. O Blood and Water which flowed out form the heart of Jesus as a Fountain of mercy for us, I trust in You!

Holy God, Holy Might One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and the whole world.” Amen.

Jesus, King of Mercy, we trust in you!

Prayer of Thanksgiving

O Jesus, eternal God, I thank you for your countless graces and blessings. Let every beat of my heart be a new hymn of thanksgiving to you, O God. Let every blood circulate for you, Lord. My soul is one hymn in adoration of your mercy. I love you God, for yourself alone. Amen.

5. St. Joseph, Patron of Workers (Feast, May1)

Glorious St. Joseph, model of all who are devoted to toil, obtain for me the grace to toil in the spirit of penance, in order to atone for my many sins; to toil conscientiously, putting devotion to duty before my own inclinations; to labor with thankfulness and joy, deeming it an honor to employ and to develop by my labor the gifts I have received from Almighty God; to work with order, peace, moderation and patience, without ever shrinking form wariness and difficulties; to work, above all, with a pure intention and with detachment from self, having always before my eyes the hour of death and the accounting which I must then render of time ill-spent, of talents unemployed, of good undone, and of empty pride in success, which is so fatal to the work of God.

All for Jesus, all through Mary, all in imitation of you, O Patriarch Joseph! This shall be my motto in life and in death. Amen.

6. St. Peregrine, The “Cancer Saint” (Feast , May 2)

Glorious wonder worker, St. Peregrine, you answered the divine call with a ready spirit, and forsook all the comforts of the world to dedicate yourself to God in order of his most holy Mother. You labored manfully for the salvation of souls; and in union with Jesus crucified you endured the most painful sufferings with such patience as to deserve to be healed miraculously of an incurable cancer in your leg by a touch of his divine hand. Obtain for me th grace to answer every call of God and to fulfill his will in all the events of life. Enkindle in my heart a consuming zeal for the salvation of souls; deliver me from the infirmities that afflict my body…(especially). Obtain for me also perfect resignation to the sufferings it may please God to send me, so that, imitating our Crucified Saviour and his Sorrowful mother, I may merit eternal glory in heaven. Amen.

St. Peregrine, pray for me and for all who invoke you aid. (3 times)

7. St. Pancratius (Feast, May 12)

Prayer to the Eternal Father

I believe, Heavenly Father, all that faith teacher , and in that Faith I wish to live and die. Through the intercession of St. Pancratius grant us good health to fulfill our duties. (Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory)

Prayer to God the Son

O good Jesus, grant me the virtue of hope in your promises in the same measure that St. Pancratius, always trusted in your Providence, so that I may, through his intercession, obtain work and success in all my undertakings.

(Our Father Hail Mary and Glory)

Prayer to the Holy Spirit

Grant me the virtue of charity that I may love God above all things and my neighbor for the love of God, as St. Pancratius did. Through his intercession I hope to obtain this grace and that of being free from adversities and from ill-intentioned persons.

(Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory)

Concluding prayer

O glorious St. Pancratius, I beg you to obtain for me all the graces that I need, especially health and work, so that I may appear before you to thank God for the favors I received through your powerful intercession. Amen

(Our Father Hail Mary and Glory)






8. The Holy Spirit

O Holy Spirit, third person of the Blessed Trinity! Spirit of truth love and holiness, proceeding from the Father and the Son, and equal to them in all things! I adore and love you with all my heart. Teach me to know and to seek God, by whom and for whom I was created. Fill my heart with holy fear and love of God. Grant me compunction and patience, and allow me not to fall into sin.

Give me an increase of faith, hope and charity, and bring forth in my soul all the virtues proper to my state of life. Give me the four cardinal virtues, seven gifts and your twelve fruits.

Make me a faithful follower of Jesus an obedient child of the church. Give me the grace to keep the commandments and to receive the sacraments worthily. Raise me to perfection in the state of life to which you have called me, and lead me through a happy death, to everlasting life. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord.

Grant me also, O Holy Spirit you who are all five of all good gifts, the special favor for which I ask ( name it) if it be for your greater honor and glory and the good of my soul.

Glory be to the Father (3 times)
9. St. Anthony, glorious for your miracles and for the condescension of Jesus in coming as a little child to repose in your arms, obtain for me his bounty the grace which I ardently desire. You who were so compassionate towards sinners, regard not my unworthiness, but the glory of God, that I may be magnified by you in connection with her particular request which I now earnestly present to you (name it)
As a pledge of my gratitude, I beg you to accept my promise to love more faithfully in accordance with the teachings of the Church, and to be devoted to the service of the poor whom you love and still love so greatly. Bless this my resolution, that I may be faithful to it even until death.

St. Anthony, consoler of all the afflicted, pray for me.

St. Anthony, whom the infant Jesus so much loved and honredl pray for me.


10. Prayer to ones Patron or any Saint

O glorious Saint …(my beloved patron), your served God in humility and confidence on earth and are now in the enjoyment of his beatific vision in heaven because you persevered till death and gained the crown f eternal life. Remember now the dangers that surround me in the valley of tears, and intercede for me in my needs and troubles. (especially…)


/St Paul, Favorite Novenas
Compiled by RoseVoc2
Write Me
Roseprayers blogs


ERRATUM:

Pardon me for errors in my previous post. Thanks. Rose

Comments